Abbotsford Police are once again alerting the public about the dangers of taking ecstasy, and this time, they have help with their message, from a family who nearly lost someone to it last week. On March 16, a 24 yr old man took a dose that he thought was safe….he was not at a party, and was not with other people. His parents didn’t even know he was a user. The dose turned out to be nearly lethal. He said he remembered the 2 cases of local girls overdosing, and got scared, so he told his parents and they took him to the hospital. It was a good call to tell his parents, because upon arrival at the hospital, he collapsed, and nearly died. He was in a coma for 3 days. He has since made a miraculous recovery, but shared his story with police so they could pass it on. The use of street drugs is riskier now than its ever been.