After week one of the PanAm Games in Guadalajara, Mexico, Team Canada has put on an impressive performance. Through the end of Saturday Canada has 60 medals – 17 gold, 20 silver and 23 bronze – and has secured a number of spots at the 2012 Olympics. Here’s the list of who has already punched a ticket to London next summer:
- on Day 1 Melanie McCann finished fourth in Modern Pentathlon
- Dorothy Ludwig won a gold medal in women’s 10-metre Air Pistol on Day 2
- also on Day 2 the Equestrian team won a silver medal in Dressage
- Elise Marcotte and Marie-Pier Boudreau Gagnon took the gold on Day 6 in the women’s Synchronized Swimming Duet event
- on Day 7 the women’s Synchro Swimming team - Stephanie Durocher, Jo-Annie Fortin, Stephanie Leclair, Tracy Little, Elise Marcotte, Karine Thomas, Valerie Welsh and Marie-Pier Boudreau-Gagnon – also took gold
Olympic places are up for grabs in events like Water Polo, Field Hockey and Handball as many of the team events get underway in week two. Individual sports like Athletics, Diving and Canoe/Kayak Sprint competitions get underway with lots of Canucks looking to earn their place in London.