Archive for March, 2010
Monday, March 29th, 2010
Friday, March 19th, 2010
Yoga is my newest passion.
I’m still verrrrry green and quite the novice and there’s so much to learn but it all fascinates me so….. the connections between body and mind, heart and soul and I simply cannot wait for my next class!!
I loved prenatal Yoga and am looking forward to more advanced Yoga classes when Ayson is older and Mommy has the kahunas to leave him with anyone for any extended period of time. In the meantime we are doing Mommy and baby Yoga. More on that in a moment…
We go to Blue Skies Yoga in Kitchener. Check them out here to learn more:
Owners/Co-founders Janine and Cheong are wonderful, peaceful, beautiful souls and we should all strive to be more of those things, no? Plus Janine’s Mom is a HUGE Kix fan…so we know the smarts are in place as well.
In the short time I’ve been practicing, reading about and learning Yoga I’ve felt a real shift in my self. A deep shift. A new awareness. A tangible tranquility that was most likely always there, just not paid much mind. For these new gifts, I am grateful.
I am also grateful that Blue Skies offers the chance to share this with my new son. Babies who practice Yoga with their mothers have been reported to be better sleepers and cry less. Plus..it’s such a fun way to meet and network with other Mommies. Here are some recent pictures of the fun had by Mamas and babes @ Blue Skies:
Smiles after his baby massage.
Our awesome instructor Janine (on the Yoga ball) brings in great guests every week. From making your own baby food, to baby massage and this week…Music Together..so much fun!
And while all these little Yoga babes were doing this in a fun Music circle, my babe had clearly overdone it during our Yoga training and was doing this:
Become more relaxed, refreshed, recharged, inspired, awakened and involved if you take the time….to gaze inward…reach for the sky… and just breathe…..
Wednesday, March 10th, 2010
*His milky baby breath. Sweet and so yummy. I want to keep it in a jar.
* Playing on the change table He LOVES the change table…kicking and cooing and smiling…
* His 26 different smiles. The best one being when a boob is coming towards his face. Hilarious.
* Nursing and Nuzzling..
* Watching him sleep. I should sleep when he sleeps. (Why is that so hard?)
* Laying on our big bed with him next to me and being quiet while he coos and giggles and touches my face.
* The way his eyes follow his father’s movements and voice.
* The big stretches and scrunchy faces when he’s waking up.
* Mommy and Baby Yoga.
* Tiny little toenails.
* Tiny little earlobes.
* Tiny little baby bum.
* Not so tiny baby farts. How does a little angelbum make such terrible noises?
* Kicking and splashing in the tub. And every once in a while…peeing in the tub.
* Reading books..especially “Guess How Much I Love You.”
* That in these past 11 weeks my life has meant more than the previous 1669 weeks I’ve been on this earth.
Monday, March 8th, 2010
incredibly ugly , severely overpriced dresses Oscar fashion, shall we? Oh come on…you know you wanna.
Okay. What. The. Hell. Is. This??????
And this is CHANEL. I LOVE the Chanel. But I do not love this:
Next we have SJP. I’m a fan. She is also in Chanel. A Chanel pillowcase, apparently.
Next, feast your eyes on this:
Roseboobs?? Seriously?? Uggghhh.
And just when I thought all of Hollywood was playing some kinda Oscar dress prank on all of us…..this appeared:
Perfection. That looks gooooooood. I heart Sandra. Best Dress, Best Actress, Best Acceptance Speach.
*It should be noted that I wrote this entry in Yoga pants, pink fuzzy slippers and a baby puke stained tank top. So clearly, I know fashion. Whatever. My baby wouldn’t even barf on that Roseboob dress Charlize was rocking. That’s how bad it was.