With the school year set to begin for students in North Bay and area on Tuesday, I thought I would share a list that caught my eye this week and made a lot of sense. It comes from a website called What To Do With The Kids. If only I had a list like this when I was a child. Granted, I may not have followed all of this advice, but at least I’d have been properly warned. Feel free to add anything you might think is useful. In no particular order, here are:
Top 10 Lessons Kids Should Learn
1. The world does not owe you anything.
2. Don’t be a victim of bullying.
3. People have died for your freedom. Don’t give up.
4. Dreaming is a waste of time if you don’t do something about it.
5. Respect the law.
6. Be proud of your history but don’t let it prevent you from achieving greatness.
7. School will make you money.
8. Stupid stuff you do today will affect you tomorrow.
9. Booze, drugs and cigarettes are expensive.
10. Life is not fair!