Archive for July 13th, 2010
Tuesday, July 13th, 2010
Who says you have to spend a ton of money to have some summer fun? By now the kids are most likely starting to declare their boredom, but don’t despair, I have a few easy and cheap ideas to cure those summer blues. So hide the video games and unplug the television and get ready for some fun!
5. FAMILY GAME NIGHT…It may sound old school, but kids love to spend time with you. Whether it’s breaking out the monopoly game with the older kids or Candy Land with the little ones, they will have a great time…and so will you!
4. EVERYONE DINES IN…Ordering out all the time can get expensive! How about pizza at home? A great way to get the whole family involved. Pick up some pita shells, and toppings. Everyone can make their own pizza, just the way they like it! You can even splurge and pick up items to make your own ice cream sundaes. Yummy fun for everyone!
3. A NIGHT OUT…Grab the tent, the flashlight and the sleeping bags and get ready for a night out…in your own backyard! Kids love an adventure, and you won’t have to head far to find one.
2. A DAY TRIP…Remember the days when kids used to read? Bring back that retro fun with a trip to the library! Kids learn responsibility when they have their own library card; they have the chance to make decisions about the books they choose while having a great time as well.
1. PACK A PICNIC…This one is a favourite with kids everywhere! Pack up some PB&J and hit the beach. A day out that the whole family will love…especially you while you soak up some sun! Little effort, no cost, what’s not to love!
I hope your family enjoys some affordable summer fun!