Wednesday February 24 2010 – 10:09pm Eastern - Toronto, ON
Blazers @ Raptors
101-87, Blazers (Toronto now 31-25)
“Smith and Jones” Player of the Game:
“Alice Fazoolis” Player of the Game:
* Looked solid in the start in place of injured big man Marcus Camby (ankle)
Shout-out to the Raptors:
Stats that stood out:
- Points in the Paint: 46-38, Blazers
- 2nd Chance Points: 8-7, Blazers
- Fast Break Points: 20-14, Blazers
- The Raptors had scored 100+ points in 20 straight games coming into this contest (it WAS the longest active streak in the NBA this season and a franchise record as well)
- Toronto is now 2-1 this season without Chris Bosh in the line up
- Jose Calderon (2 for 8 FG) and Antoine Wright (1 for 7 FG) combined to go 3 of 15 from the floor for only 7 total points. In fact, the bench overall shot 11/33 (33% FG)
- Following the loss, the “sweater record” now sits at 12-3. Ah well!
- Turkoglu’s performance … in spite of the loss … could be reason for optimism going forward. We’ll see.
- Turnovers. 16 tonight for the Raptors — and a ton early on. On your home floor (and playing without your best player) you can’t allow that to happen.
- “It’s hard to say ‘you didn’t see this coming’ with Bosh out of the line up for the Raptors and a QUALITY opponent comign to town. But it’s the WAY Toronto lost that is/was frustrating. Gotta get back at it — with or without Bosh — against the mighty Cavs on Friday.”
- “Portland played the game at their pace and took advantage of Raptors turnovers early to build a lead they never gave up.”
Keep the 3-ball Streak Alive (916 games and counting):
- The Raptors were 7 of 20 from 3PT range
- Cavaliers @ Raptors – Friday February 26 2010 – 7:00pm Eastern
- Tune in at 7:00pm for the “Pizza Pizza” starting line ups
Missed The Rap? You can listen to it here: