Tuesday January 27 2009 – 11:20am Eastern
I still plan on checking in with my Western Conference musings today, but before I get to that, I wanted to share a link that came along from a poster/contributor to this blog. I watched this last night, and planned on bringing it up, but a fan beat me to the punch with the link from YouTube:
(skip ahead to the final 20-30 seconds if you don’t want to watch the whole thing)
No, I don’t know if what Jalen Rose is saying is legit or not. To my knowledge, Rose and Bosh aren’t tight. I’m not saying they don’t get along, but I don’t think they’re buddies; chatting regularly. And I also don’t think Rose can say – FOR CERTAIN – that Bosh is leaving Toronto … and here’s why …
“What If” …
- Toronto makes it to the playoffs this season and actually advances?
– Makes it to the playoffs next season and advances … far?
– Makes a huge trade this season or this summer that Bosh loves?
– That drastically changes the look and make up of the team?
– Bosh decides he wants the max years/money, and doesn’t want to leave $$ on the table?
There are so many “What Ifs”.
I truly believe that nobody other than Chris Bosh himself can say FOR SURE what is going to happen at the end of next season. Thus, I think Rose is simply stirring the pot, which his producers at ESPN probably love.
Jalen may have a credible source or multiple sources, but unless his informant is Bosh himself – saying “I AM LEAVING – NO MATTER WHAT” – then I think we need to take Rose’s comments with a grain of salt and realize that it might be a spoonful of sensationalism and showmanship.
That’s my two cents.