Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have a new release in stores for Christmas. The Live Anthology is a four-C-D box set containing 48 tracks from 1978 to 2007, putting the band’s hits alongside covers of The Grateful Dead‘s “Friend of the Devil,” Fleetwood Mac‘s “Oh Well,” Booker T. and the M-Gs‘ “Green Onions” and James Brown‘s “Good, Good Lovin’.”
It’s also available in three other versions:
- A deluxe box set featuring 62 tracks on five C-Ds plus…
- A D-V-D of the band’s 1978 New Year’s Eve concert in Santa Monica, California and the documentary 400 Days, which was shot during the recording and tour for Wildflowers.
- A re-mastered vinyl edition of the promo-only 1976 Official Live ‘Leg bootleg.
- And a Blu-ray disc featuring all 62 tracks. This is available either through TomPetty.com or at Best Buy.
- A seven L-P vinyl box set.
- An online-only release called the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Superhighway Tour. Fans who sign up will get 24 of the 48 Live Anthology tracks over an eight-week advance period, along with “archived memorabilia, new band commentary and classic reviews from the vaults.” The final 24 tracks will be available on the day of release.
92 CITI FM will be presenting a TOM PETTY A to ZED WEEKEND beginning this Friday afternoon @3 with Cosmo; All Access VIPs will be at liberty to exchange their rock points for a ballot to qualify-to-win their own personal copy of Tom Petty’s new “Live” Anthology!