Archive for May, 2011
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011
The Host Committee for the 2011 Southern Alberta Summer Games in Medicine Hat is still recruiting volunteers for various positions prior to and throughout the games which take place July 6-9, 2011.Most of the remaining volunteer positions are required for the following:·
Soccer (Field Managers, Scorekeepers, Referee Coordinators, etc.)
Swimming (Timers, Registration Table, Results, etc.)
Athletics/Track & Field (Timers, Announcers, Registration Table, Results, etc.)
Equestrian (Set-up, Results, etc.)
5/10 KM Run (Timers, Water Stations, Route Markers, etc.)
Volunteers are also required to help with the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and in the Results and Medal Centre
Bill Grady, Volunteer Director with the 2011 Southern Alberta Summer Games Host Committee says, “We all know our community shines when it comes to pulling together to make these types of events happen. We’ll need between 400 and 500 volunteers and I’m confident our community will come through for us and show the rest of Southern Alberta what it means to be a ‘Medicine-Hatter’.”
Those interested in volunteering are asked to sign up online at www.southernalbertasummergames.com or visit the games office at the Medicine Hat Arena (155 Ash Avenue SE) to fill out a volunteer form
Friday, May 20th, 2011
It’s hard to believe that 10 years ago this weekend I was graduating high school. It seems like just yesterday I was walking across the stage in the Lampman High School Gymnasium to get my diploma. I could sit here and reflect on the past decade but I don’t want to bore you with the details! Lets just say I’m happy where I am in my life. I would have never guessed I’d be hosting a radio morning show 10 years ago. I used to be shy! What happened? haha.
Here’s a pic of my graduating class…..yes it is small! Can you find me?? I still look the same.
Tuesday, May 17th, 2011
This morning we were reminiscing about the first cassette tape we ever bought.
The first one I bought was Wynonna Judd’s Tell Me Why
Why oh why did I buy this? I have no idea. I guess when I was 10 I liked country music?? I did have to ride the bus to school every day and the only station we could listen to was an AM country station. I guess it rubbed off on me a bit!
Also in my “cassette collection” was Ace of Base’s The Sign.
I really did love singing this on the way to dance class!
Another cassette I owned was Alanis Morisette’s Jagged Little Pill. I still love this album….thank goodness I now have it on Itunes
I had a lot of fun taking a stroll down memory lane with you guys today! Thanks for all the comments on our facebook and twitter pages. Now, if you’ll excuse me I’m going to dig out my cassette player and rock out to Wynonna…….
Tuesday, May 10th, 2011
I found this article in Glamour Magazine and got a good laugh from it!
20 Reasons a Best Friend is better than a Boy Friend:
1. A best friend doesn’t care if you haven’t shaved your legs or painted your nails today.
2. A best friend doesn’t make you watch boxing on TV.
3. A best friend is equally as literate in The Bachelor and DWTS as you are.
4. A best friend doesn’t booty call you.
5. A best friend isn’t concerned whether you’re Julia Child or not.
6. You won’t have to diet to meet your best friend’s mom.
7. A best friend doesn’t talk about marriage just because s/he thinks it’s what you want to hear.
8. A best friend doesn’t spook at the word “baby.”
9. A best friend understands your issues about bangs, periods, bitchy bosses, push-up bras, straightening irons, and driving in heels, because she has the same issues.
10. A best friend can listen to a complaint because that’s how we communicate.
11. When all the men have left, your best friend will still be there.
12. If a best friend puts his/her career ahead of you for even one night, you can tell the person to snap out of it, and s/he’ll agree with you.
13. None of your best friend’s Facebook friends will make you jealous.
14. A best friend always puts the toilet seat down.
15. A best friend will not only wait for you to get ready—she’ll help you get ready.
16. You never have to suck in your stomach for a best friend.
17. A best friend is fine with you wearing a dress that looks like a tent.
18. A best friend carries spare feminine products on her person at all times.
19. On vacation, a best friend can work on her tan for nine straight hours, just like you can.
20. When you’re in the mood for chocolate, your best friend is also in the mood for chocolate.
Monday, May 9th, 2011
I had a good laugh watching this on Saturday! Check out Michael Bolton & The Lonely Island’s Jack Sparrow
Wednesday, May 4th, 2011
A new survey from the University of Calgary says that man’s best friend is great for keeping a healthy lifestyle.
Two surveys on activities throughout the year were completed by more than 400 people, 115 of which owned dogs.
In both seasons, dog-owners reported more walking for recreation in their neighbourhoods than did non-dog owners.
I would have to agree with these findings! Ever since I got my puppy Nala (pictured above) I’ve been WAY more active. I go for longer walks and enjoy the outdoors more with some company.