Archive for March, 2011
Wednesday, March 30th, 2011
Tuesday, March 29th, 2011
Apparently I’m obsessed with watching kids giggle on youtube. Check out the lastest youtube sensation here:
Friday, March 25th, 2011
The 40th annual Juno Awards are this Sunday night hosted by Drake.
Aracade Fire and City and Colour will be performing, among others.
Here’s a look at the nominees in the major categories:
JUNO FAN CHOICE AWARD
SINGLE OF THE YEAR (SPONSORED BY LONG & MCQUADE)
Classified -Oh Canada
Drake Find Your Love
kd lang Hallelujah Vancouver Winter 2010
Young Artists for Haiti Wavin’ Flag
INTERNATIONAL ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Katy Perry Teenage Dream
Lady Antebellum Need You Now
Taylor Swift Speak Now
ALBUM OF THE YEAR (SPONSORED BY CANADIAN RECORDING INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION)
Arcade Fire The Suburbs
Drake Thank me Later
Hedley The Show Must Go
Johnny Reid A Place Called Love
Justin Bieber My World 2.0
ARTIST OF THE YEAR
GROUP OF THE YEAR
Broken Social Scene
Down With Webster
Great Big Sea
Three Days Grace
NEW GROUP OF THE YEAR (SPONSORED BY FACTOR AND RADIO STARMAKER FUND)
My Darkest Days
Said The Whale
ROCK ALBUM OF THE YEAR (SPONSORED BY RECORDING ARTISTS COLLECTING SOCIETY – A DIVISION OF ACTRA)
Cancer Bats Bears, Mayors, Scraps & Bones
Die Mannequin Fino + Bleed
Finger Eleven Life Turns Electric
Hail the Villain Population: Declining
Matthew Good Vancouver
Thursday, March 24th, 2011
They’ve finally released a full-length trailer for the new Captain America movie starring Chris Evans.
Check it out here and let me know what you think! I’m excited to see it!
Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011
I saw this on Canada AM this morning and laughed my ass off….check it out:
Monday, March 21st, 2011
Me, my brother Colton, the Lawdy Mama and Gunner decided to check out the Banana Boat in Cabo San Lucas. It looked harmless but we ended up having quite the joyride!
Here’s a pic before we took off:
And as we’re going…
Here’s a video of us that Poncho took
And a shot of the crew after a major wipeout that was not caught on video (thank goodness!)
Friday, March 18th, 2011
This video has been making the rounds on facebook and twitter over the last couple of days and I just had to share it! It’s absolutely adorable and funny!
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011
So I have to apologize…I’ve been super lazy and neglecting my blog as of late. To make up for it here are some pics from the Rock the Boat cruise aboard the Carnival Splendor.
Here’s me and Poncho at Burro’s Bar in Puerto Vallarta
This is my brother Colton wearing his SK Roughrider mask at Burro’s Bar (it’s also one of Poncho’s favourite pics from the trip!)
A view of our ship from the beach in Cabo
I’ll post more pics from the cruise later this week…including the infamous Banana Boat!
Thursday, March 3rd, 2011
I’m usually not a fan of forwarded emails, but I got this one from my aunt this week and it made me laugh so I thought I would share it with you guys!
Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives:
1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
2. Dogs don’t notice if you call them by another dog’s name.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
4. A dog’s parents nor relatives never visit
5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across. 6. You never have to wait for a dog; they’re ready to go 24 hours a day.
7. Dogs find you amusing when you’re drunk.
8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing
9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, “If I died, would you get another dog?”
10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
11. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
12. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don’t get mad. They just think it’s interesting.
13. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.
14. If a dog leaves, it won’t take half of your stuff.
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011
I had no idea that Cartoon Network was making a new version of Thundercats. The 80′s cartoon has been given a serious anime makeover…meaning that the bright color spectrum of the original show has been turned up. I was a huge fan of Thundercats growing up, so I’m excited to check the reboot out.
There’s no dialogue in this trailer, but it looks pretty decent: