Archive for May, 2009
Thursday, May 28th, 2009
I got this today and had to pass it along…it’s funny ‘cuz it’s TRUE!
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity.
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert .
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill – beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed “her night off”, and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women.
Wednesday, May 27th, 2009
**Photo courtesy Winnipeg Free Press
I get such a kick out of these 2 birds! Princess and Trey, the peregrine falcons are back on their ledge on the Radisson. Remember how they lost their chicks last year after exposure to the elements? Well you’ll be glad to know that they’ve got a new bunch of babies up there as their 3 eggs hatched just yesterday!
Get a live cam view by clicking here
bonus code: peregrine
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009
Have you ever been so tired that you literally can’t keep your….zzzzzzz…..oh, sorry I must have drifted off……can’t keep your eyes open?
That’s the premise of the cutest website ever! It’s called “Cute Things Falling Asleep” and it’s full of, well, cute things falling asleep – much like the video below.
Want more? Just click here!
Bonus Code: sleepy
Monday, May 25th, 2009
She’s become a worldwide sensation, and now she’s into the finals on the show Britain’s Got Talent. Check out Susan’s latest performance by clicking here. It’s amazing! Oh, and see how different she looks from this picture below! A bit of a makeover don’t you think?
Friday, May 22nd, 2009
Tonight hearts all over the city will be fluttering as Il Divo takes to the stage at the MTS Centre. Billie Jo’s one of MANY who’s madly in love (or is it lust) with Sebastian from the group. What do you think? Match made in heaven?
**Click on the image to get a bigger and better look!**
bonus code: love is in the air
Friday, May 22nd, 2009
Taking a road trip this summer? Tired of hearing “are we there yet?” every 20 miles? Check out these fantastic websites FULL of games you and the Clear Kids can play in the car. Some of these are like taking a trip down memory lane for me. I wish we would have had these on that LOOOOOONG car ride from Saskatchewan to Vancouver for Expo ’86. 5 of us crammed into a little car for that trip. I blame that trip for not enjoying car rides to this day!
Games which can be played in the car:
* Activities for Kids Car Games
* Are we there yet?
* Live and Learn
* Mom’s Minivan
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009
Hey did you get your lotto 649 tickets? 49 million tonight!! I better remember to get my quick picks before heading to Ichiban tonight for the final girls night out weekly party. Don’t worry, if (or should I say when) I win I’ll still come to work tomorrow.
Want to see me & Billie Jo do our happy dance? We haven’t been able to practice as much as we had hoped, so go easy on the critiques. This isn’t Dancing With The Stars
Just click here.
bonus code: happy dance
Friday, May 15th, 2009
Sorry I’ve been away for so long. I’m having computer issues at home so I thought I’d sneak this entry in while I’m doing the show. I just HAD to forward this website. Have you ever had a family photo session? If you have, then you know they can be a bit long, and sometimes, a bit awkward. I nearly split a gut looking over some of the pictures on this site! Where do they come up with some of these poses??!!
Bonus Code: awkward