Archive for April, 2008
Monday, April 28th, 2008
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008
This is great news coming the day after Earth Day!
Congratulations to the students under the direction of Jezel Axalan, who just won an award from Panasonic! 4 of the students involved, including Jezel are heading to Toronto this weekend to accept their prize – well deserved, and well done!
I always say, you’ve got a problem…don’t let the adults try and fix it….call in the Clear Kids….
A group of 7th graders from Cecil Rhodes school have come up with a way to get rid of plastic shopping bags. They’ve come up with this amazing video.
It’s pretty cool! They did it all themselves….the writing, the acting, the ideas….you’ve got to see it for yourself….they go on to say that they even want a meeting with Mayor Katz and the Premiere to get the ball rolling on getting rid of plastic bags in our city. Like they say, if Leaf Rapids Manitoba can do it, and San Fransisco can do it….we can do it too. Great job gang!
BONUS CODE: CLEARKIDS
Thursday, April 17th, 2008
Feist has teamed up with fellow Canadians the Constantines for their single…a cover of the Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers Classic “Islands In The Stream.” I like it….(what do you think?) And I’m a huge Kenny and Dolly fan…growing up my mom would play their Christmas record over and over and over again:)
Click below to listen to the track…
Click here to listen to the track…
Don’t forget Feist is headed to the MTS Centre, October 20th 2008… and VIP members you can redeem your points now for entries in to win a pair of tickets to the show… Good Luck!
Bonus Code: islandsinthestream (100 points)
Thursday, April 10th, 2008
Here’s just many reason’s why I decided to stick to radio – some of these are funny, some will make you cringe. Either way, enjoy. **VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED**
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYik7TiuFVY" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
BONUS CODE: OUCH
Saturday, April 5th, 2008
I’m not going to lie to you…I’m tired of the snow. Strange how things change as you get older – I used to LOVE winter!!! Spending every spare moment at our little ski hill in Saskatchewan (Twin Towers as a ski instructor) then living in Calgary and hitting the “big hills” at either Sunshine or Lake Louise almost every weekend.
Now, I just think about how much of a mess my dog Sasha’s left underneath it all that I’ll have to clean up once the snow is all gone. (which I did ALOT of yesterday)
Then I wake up this morning to another fresh blanket of white!!! I want to be on my motorcycle or rollerblading with my dog (plastic bag in pocket just in case) or spending some quality time with my car polishing it to perfection.
Not yet….that’ll have to wait.
Want a bit of paradise? Join me today from 2-6 or tomorrow from noon-4 at Oasis Leisure Centre (1000 St. Anne’s Road) as I’ll be broadcasting live (literally from a hot tub – I’ve got my shorts and snorkel mask ready to go)
It’s their Calypso Days – the bbq’s going to be fired up….and I’ll even have my very own bonus code to hand out.
Hope to see you there! Until then, here’s a little wishful thinking:
BONUS CODE: summertime
Tuesday, April 1st, 2008
Okay, I admit it! The Winnipeg Sun got me hook, line and sinker this morning with their “domed stadium downtown” story. In fact, if it weren’t for the last line of the story, I’d still be fooled.
Want some great prank ideas to pull on your co-workers today? These have all been tried and tested at www.careerbuilder.com.
(you might want to try at your own risk )
1. Placed a pair of pants and shoes inside the only toilet stall in a men’s room to make it appear someone was using the stall. It sat there for hours until someone called security to check if the person had died.
2. Sent a fake love note to a co-worker from another co-worker.
3. All the women in office individually spoke to the president, confiding that she is pregnant. By noon, he ‘knew’ that all of his female workers were pregnant and he could not tell anyone because each asked for confidentially.
4. Called the electric company, used a co-worker’s name and told them he was moving so the electricity got turned off at the co-worker’s house.
5. Filled the vending soda machine with cans of beer.
6. Rigged the boss’ chair to drop suddenly during a staff meeting.
7. Placed a sign on the restroom door that read, “The company ran out of toilet tissue; please use your own resources.”
8. Paged a co-worker over the loud speaker claiming the CEO was looking for him. The worker went into the CEOs office and the CEO didn’t know who he was or why he was there.
9. Shrink-wrapped everything in a co-worker’s cubicle.
10. Put a ‘house for sale’ ad in the newspaper regarding a co-worker’s home.
BONUS CODE: fool